Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Weekend story

Is there a way to spend weekends without spending money? I personally think it’s quite difficult unless you have some hobby to keep yourself occupied. But somehow I managed to spend last weekend without shelling out single penny and also completed reading the book “Life of Pi”. It’s an interesting book on the adventurous journey of a small boy in a lifeboat with a Royal Bengal Tiger.

On Saturday after heavy lunch, unknowingly I fell asleep and by the time I woke up it was 6PM. The sun was bidding adieu for the day and darkness was bracing all the rooms in my house. Sipping the trademark tasty tea prepared by my mother, I was browsing through the TV channels and halted at raj tv. They were telecasting the movie 5 star. The movie is very youthful, colorful and doesn’t make me feel bored even after watching it for the nth time. Within 15mins of watching I was drowned in nostalgic thoughts and just felt like meeting all my childhood and college friends. I went to the beach and sat few feet away from the shore and kept watching the tides kissing the shore and stars twinkling in the horizon. I also felt quite satisfied and happy after speaking with couple of my old friends over phone.

Is it quite normal for everyone to think about the sweet past memories at late twenties or am I supposed to think at late sixties? Until it is sweet, there is nothing wrong in remembering your old thoughts or my thoughts. I also took sometime to think about the areas of interests and it worked out to be a very long list, but not sure how to prioritize.


  • Become a computer geek.
  • Learn Swimming.
  • Participate and finish atleast in 50 marathon races.
  • Attend a bartending course and work as a part-time bartender.
  • Become guitarist, pianist and violinist.
  • Compose Music.
  • Start a multi cuisine restaurant.
  • Participate in triathlon.
  • Open a gym and become physical trainer and train only obese people.
  • Buy couple of old 70’s-80’s bungalows in TNagar.
  • Become a motivational speaker.
  • Become a Mountain climber.
  • Learn Dancing.
  • Help the old and handicapped people.
  • Read atleast 50 books per year.

2 comments:

sriram said...

Become a motivational speaker??wow!! now that is one hell of a far fetched interest you have got.Unakke konjam overaaa theriyala?:-)

Mohan said...

Well, there are so many things we dream about, some might become true and some might not. I wish all my interests become true, but in life it will not.
Becoming a motivational speaker is also a dream. First of all speaking itself is a dream to me ;-)