Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Try Again

I keep receiving weekly Bulletin from Better Life Unlimted. This week topic is "Try Again".

By Dr. Chet Zelasko

Did you ever watch a five-year-old try to skate? It doesn’t matter whether it’s roller blading or ice skating, they fall all the time. Then they get back up and try again. And again. And again. They don’t let failure stop them--they try again immediately. There’s a great lesson there.

If you’re going change the way you eat, you’re going to fail many times on the road to a new style of eating. You’re also going to sleep in more times than you should and miss your workout. That’s inevitable--but just like those kids, try again immediately. This is my business and I’m still trying to get it all figured out when it comes to eating. I don’t eat as badly as I used to eat and not as good as I’m going to eat.

We’re all works in progress and as long as we keep trying, we’ll ultimately succeed.

We can apply this theory to anything we try to learn. Don't give up easily, keep trying.

I am going to train until I crack sub 3hrs marathon. There is no guarantee that I could achieve this before I retire at 50, but I will keep trying.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You should try the 21-Day golden rule. Practice what you want to for 21 days in a go - You will notice that this will become a habit at the end of the period. This has been scientifically tested, and it works!

PS: Should you even discontinue for one day in the middle, start over 21 days all over.

Cheers,
Karthik

George said...

Mohan, why do you want to retire when 50? why retire?? we retire when we kick the bucket.. till then.. lets keep running?? what say?

cheers.. and good post! thanks,
george

Mohan said...

@Karthik, will try with some simple activity. But cant aim for sub 3hrs marathon :).

@George, by 50 I would have done lot of running and a long way to go. Hope my legs remain strong after that too. Will revisit on retirement at 50 :).