Monday, January 21, 2008

Whatever it takes...

Yesterdays 20.5k run was one of the best to my standards. I completed the distance in 1hr 42mins with an average speed of 12km/hr (i.e 5mins/km). When I started the run, I was bit uncertain about maintaining the speed throughout the course. But decided to keep up the pace till my legs could sustain and surprisingly I managed to achieve that. My modified training program is helping to improve my strength and speed. I wish to have this time officially recorded during the pondicherry half marathon which is scheduled on Feb 16th. Whatever it takes, I have decided to train hard and rip myself apart before my next marathon.

"You have to forget your last marathon before you try another. Your mind can't know what's coming." - Frank Shorter

"It is very difficult to train for a marathon; but it is even more difficult to not be able to train for a marathon." - Aaron Douglas Trimble

No comments: