Sunday, March 16, 2008

2008 Training Plan

After the singapore marathon, I have cut down my weekly mileage and was primarily concentrating on running techniques and weight loss. I have lost nearly 6kgs/13.2lbs since November 2007 and also changed my running style to a certain extent. This year I am quite desperate to crack the 3hrs 45mins marathon or rather 3hrs 30mins marathon (if things go well) and have come up with an intense (to my standards) training plan which is primarily focussed on quantity. If the plan doesn't work this year I will come up with tougher training plan next year. 37 weeks/8months is a long duration and I wish everything works out as planned.

52k Race is Bangalore Ultra marathon followed by Singapore marathon two weeks later.

1 comment:

George said...

Hi Mohan, Shahid had posted this on the g-group..

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/news/article.asp?UAN=3297

this article talks of how this guy improved his timing using quality runs instead of quantity. Not sure if quantity or quality helps improve timing! your thoughts?

cheers.. george