Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Back from Groin Injury

After getting recovered from groin injury (which was troubling me from last two months) I am happy to be back on the road and running. Due to the injury, I had to cut down on the mileage and take rest. Though the groin was troubling me for sometime, I didn’t stop running and the pain wasn’t subsiding too. It worsened to a stage where I couldn’t even stand in a relaxed posture. Most of the websites I referred recommended few stretches and ample rest. Injuries are hard to avoid. It’s always better to take rest until it heals completely.

I hit the road last Friday, struggled a lot to complete 10k on Firday and16k on Sunday. I was missing my running and breathing rhythm and found hard to complete the run on Sunday. I took 10-15 mins more than my usual time but was happy to be on the road. Today I did a 10k in 49mins and the run was quite satisfactory.

The resting period was quite killing. Without running my energy level was at ground zero and my days were quite sober. Nowadays it’s become hard to imagine a life without running.

1 comment:

George said...

Hey Mohan.. great to hear your injury is behind you. The two months must hv been quite something to go through.

welcome back!!!