Monday, July 16, 2007

Great ECR Run

The run was fun yesterday. We all started running at around 5:15 AM and headed towards Mahabalipuram. Weather was very pleasant in the morning with overcast conditions. I started well and was leading the pack for few minutes (probably 15 mins), then I slowly began to drop my pace and continued running at the same pace for nearly an hour. At around 55th minute I stopped running and walked for a minute and this is when I started thinking about the distance and worrying about completing the remaining 18-19 Kms. Somehow managed to run/walk/crawl and completed 25 Kms in 2hrs and 40mins. I hit the wall, stopped proceeding further and took a shareauto to reach the destination Coral surf restaurant which was 3-4kms away.

During the course there were moments when I thought no more long distance running, but how many times I have thought about quitting alcohol after a hangover?

More detailed narration of the great ECR run in Kk's and Ram's blog. A very big thanks to the volunteers and Chennai Runners group for making this a memorable event. I admire you guys.

Few Pics from Ram's Flickr..



Before Start



After the run

No comments: