Thursday, July 19, 2007

Trip to Dubai – Part I

Last month I was in Dubai for few weeks and thought of sharing about few interesting places in Dubai. Dubai International airport is very famous for its size and the duty free shops. I had a chance to take few snaps of duty free zone and did little bit of shopping before my departure from Dubai.


Duty free shops in Dubai Airport




I bought this decorative Hookah for 60 Dhirams in a duty free shop.



The Dubai skyline might soon beat the Newyork skyline. Look at these skyscrapers on both sides of the road. The tallest building in the world Burj Dubai is under construction and nearly 140 floors are completed. Still 55 more floors to be completed. You can also get the information from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burj_Dubai.

My office was 25Kms away from the hotel I was staying and it used to take nearly 25-40 mins to reach the office by taxi depending on the traffic congestion. The public transportation is not good and people have to rely on taxis or own a vehicle for commuting. Taxis are quite costly and I used to spend 40-45Dhs one way everyday.

A visit to Dubai is incomplete without going to a Desert Safari. This is one of the most exciting and thrilling drive I have ever experienced. Checkout the video clipping taken with my camera.




We halted at a campsite and took a camel ride, wore traditional dress (dishdash or thawb) and I tried Henna too. Sumptuous dinner was followed by a wonderful live belly dance show.


Graceful Belly Dancing. This lady had amazing abs. My camera batteries went down at the right moment and missed to capture the video of the dance. But you can find quite a lot of videos in Youtube.
More to follow in my next posting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Burj Dubai is really surprising building...it looks like Newyrk no doubt.Desert Safari Dubai is one of best place for tourists.
Desert Safari