Monday, October 08, 2007

5k in 24:16

I competed in a 5k race yesterday and finished it in 24mins 16secs. Considering that I ran the race after a slow 15k run, I feel happy about my timings. Initially I was bit hesitant to participate hoping that I would miss my weekend long run. On the other hand, I also didn’t want to miss the 5k race. So I thought of combining my weekend long run with the short 5 k run and decided to reach the race venue running. Throughout the race I maintained good constant pace. But towards the end I started competing with a guy for the third place. I wrongly assumed that I was nearing the finish line, started sprinting and ran out of steam very quickly. I gave up, decided to slow down and jogged the last 500mts. I finished 5th or 6th in the race and really excited to know that I ran at an average speed of 12.4kph.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mohan,

That's a good timing, considering that you ran the 5K after your usual long distance,I'm sure you can still cut down by couple of mins if you hadn't run the long distance before the race.. Just you wait, let me catch up :-)

Mohan said...

Yes Hari, that's what I also thought.