Monday, October 01, 2007

Disconnected

For almost a week I was physically and virtually disconnected from the external world. I attended a residential workshop on project management conducted by my organisation I am currently employed in. It was an exhaustive workshop with sessions starting at 7AM and ending after 9PM with some short breaks in the middle. Our day starts with a session on breathing techniques, followed by seniors sharing their experiences with some interesting role plays and activities. The participants were all budding managers working in different projects at different levels. Except one colleague, everyone was a stranger to me and it was nice to spend time with them. We seldom get opportunities to meet the people who have been with the organisation since day one and made it grow and see it growing to this level. The vision, thoughts they shared with us was very motivating and amazed to see them still working with lot of zest and hunger to make the organisation grow. With so much of packed activities I still managed to run on couple of days. The resort (Pleasant days resort) we stayed was maintained very well with wonderful landscapes and greenery. Only drawback is the suites doesnt have internet connection. I also utilised some free time to plunge in the swimming pool. Overall the experience was fruitful and the time just flew away.

1 comment:

srinivas said...

Cool mohan, I become regular reader of your blog... very interesting and inspiring.