Monday, October 15, 2007

Running Thoughts

Feeling quite strong mentally and physically after the 30k run yesterday. I took nearly 3hrs 15mins to complete 30.5kms. Tackling the stray dogs during my early morning long runs is becoming a pain. I hate them to the core. Even though I run in the middle of the road, I prefer to walk at certain stretches of densely populated areas to avoid these creatures chasing me. But still couple of chasing incidents happened yesterday. Leaving the dog stories aside, I am able to complete the run quite strongly. Except little bit of soreness here and there, I have recovered pretty fast. Run followed by heavy breakfast and 3 hours or nap was sufficient for me to recover completely. Though I wasn't carrying my fuel belt, I was hydrating throughout the run at regular intervals.

Couple of week’s back I lost my fuel belt somewhere. I went to spencer plaza in the evening with my friend to check if it’s available in any of the sports store. As expected none of the stores had fuel belts. One sales guy in Nike showroom said they don’t sell belts in their shop (thinking that I was inquiring for a leather belt). Later I went to landmark to check if they had any books on running, but no luck. Still lot more to catch up.

Nowadays I am thinking more about running and completing the Singapore marathon. Moreover, except running I don’t have anything interesting happening in my life. Looking at the recent posts I think it's apt to change my blog title to My “Running” Thoughts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your blog should totally become a running blog dude...my blog got converted from a beer drinking blog to a running blog over the last one year. Talking about beer.....:)-