Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Expectations

4 days to race day and 2 days of training remaining. Since last three weeks I have been practicing speed workouts which resulted me to think about an over ambitious goal of sub 4hrs marathon. Sunday I ran 21.5k in 1hr 55mins. Sub 4hrs marathon goal will become realistic if I could cut down my half marathon timing by another 5mins. During the race I hope the environment, people and the company through out the race might help me in achieving the 21.5k timing and subsequently the remaining distance in another 2hrs. If I fail to manage it, I would be satisfied with finishing the marathon. It's the day on which all my training would be put to test and I am desperate to clear the test.

I was browsing through a triathlon blog site and found this wonderful clipping which states "Achievement is largely the product of steadily raising one's level of aspiration and expectation". Check out Bevan Docherty (in black dress) of New Zealand sprinting from behind to clutch victory from the grasp of compatriot Kris Gemmell at the 2005 New Plymouth ITU World Cup triathlon.

4 comments:

George said...

Hey Mohan.. good luck for sgp marathon. enjoy yourself on the run and you will do a sub-4. may you float above the sgp roads :)))

see you when you are back.. good luck again.

regards, george

triblog carol said...

Good luck on your marathon! I hope you acheive a sub-4. Carol (from the tri blog)

Mohan said...

Hey George & Carol, Thanks for the wishes. I managed to complete the race at 4:54:10.

Sandy - Rat Race Runner said...

Great video Mohan!