Monday, November 12, 2007

Tapering Starts..

I should have approximately ran 35-36k yesterday, i.e. my peak distance before Singapore marathon. I ran 7.1k lap five times. My idea was to complete the run in 3hrs 30mins maintaining a lap time of 40 mins. In fact, I completed 28k in 2hrs 50mins and which is almost on target. But, as usual the last 7-8k was quite hard, with sun burning my skin, I managed to complete the remaining distance and my run in 3hrs 46mins. Good part is I managed to be on the road for long duration under hot conditions. Last week I suffered from IT band syndrome and was quite annoyed as it prevented me from running for couple of days. Few stretches and tips from my running group helped me to hit the road again in quick time. Now I am pretty confident of completing the Singapore marathon under 4:30(high hopes). Tapering starts from this week and has started counting days for the D-day.

No comments: