Monday, November 05, 2007

31k in ECR

I was drenched in the rain even before we started the run. There is nothing more annoying than running with wet clothes and soggy socks. At least my clothes got dried after few mins of running, but my socks were wet till I completed the run. At around 22-23k mark I felt like removing my socks and throw them away. I completed 31k in 3hrs 22mins, and felt just ok. Somehow on Saturday night I was very anxious about completing the run in 3hours and wasn't able to sleep properly. I found last 5-6kms to be very hard; I spoke to myself "You are a tough guy and not going to give up easily". I was following Ram for long time and managed to run behind (with a gap of 400-500mts) him during the later half of the run.

For last few kms, I was repeating the quotes from the movie "Rocky Balboa" in my mind to keep myself moving forward.

It ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done.

Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!

You can find the briefing in Ram's blog and the pictures here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mohan,
31K in 3 hrs. 22 mins is awesome (atleast in my standards, I have just started running and this sunday is my first Half Marathon).

I read Ram's blog too, you guys are doing a great job in organizing and running LSDs in Chennai. I am from Chenai and live in San Diego, will join you guys for a run when I am in Chennai

Mohan said...

Shankar, All the best for your half marathon.

Yes, it's been great exp. running with the group in chennai and I have learnt a lot from them.

George said...

Hey Mohan.. good post..especially the balboa lines... v good.. thanks fr sharing