Thursday, November 01, 2007

Need Endorphin Rush

I messed up my training this week. It all started due to heavy rains during the weekend. I woke up at 3AM on Sunday morning and waited for nearly two hours for the rain to subside, but it decided to take some breather only in the evening. Rest of the week went on with accompanying relatives at home, attending friend’s marriage and some personal work. The week, in which I should have run approximately 60k, I ran just 19k. Not sure if I could cover up at least half the targeted mileage for the week. Training for a marathon requires lot of focus and dedication, even if a person loses his focus for a week or two while peaking mileage, can lead to laziness and complacency. It’s been quite a while since I have focused on my career and personal issues. After the Singapore marathon, I would take couple of months break from the hectic training schedule and explore my other interests before I train hard again for my next marathon.

I badly want to experience the endorphin rush and probably will run 12k tomorrow.

No comments: