Friday, March 03, 2006

Rejuvenated

Hazy sky, sun hidden behind the dark clouds and wet streets didn’t clutter my mood to reach the somasundaram play ground today. Yes, I went to play cricket after a long time. Infosys has completed 10yrs after setting up their office in Chennai and are celebrating this milestone by conducting Inter Corporate Competitions on sports, business quiz, cultural festivals etc. Since they have also invited our company to participate, guys have started preparing for the competitions quite seriously. Being fortunate to impress ;-) few guys with my bowling and batting (wish they don’t read this blog, or else they might not call me for the forthcoming practice sessions) I am still intact with the team.

I reached the ground around six’ish and was first to be there except few joggers and the cops march pasting. I waited eagerly till everyone came and grabbed the bat for opening the innings. I felt really rejuvenated when I was holding the bat and was thinking to send every ball over the boundary line. Even though I didn’t last long and scored only 6 runs, I was immensely satisfied and happiness started mounting deep within my heart. Childhood memories started rolling in front of me and I was enjoying each and every moment in the ground.

Just like becoming a guitarist, becoming a good pace bowler was also one of my childhood dreams. Anyhow, becoming a cricketer will ever remain as a dream for my entire life, but just getting few thoughts on learning the guitar again. I have a very bad habit of starting things enthusiastically and discontinue in the middle. So, there is lot of thinking to be done before I start learning guitar again. Now let me not divert the topic from cricket to music.

After hitting the gym quite regularly, I have built some muscles and struggled little bit while bowling my second over, I wasn’t able to swing my arms freely. Moreover since the inter-corporate cricket tournament has to be played with soft ball, i had difficulties in generating pace and controlling the line with the soft ball. But the most important thing is I got first wicket of my first ball in first over. Wow, what a great feeling. Last couple of weeks went on quite tough and I had to do lot of talking to myself and it took sometime to regain my composure. It’s a nice way to start my fresh innings with cricket and looking forward to spend my days happily.

No comments: